Travel and Volunteer in India - Our volunteer organisation
We have 2 missions. We firstly provide children and community members an opportunity to better themselves and increase their self confidence through the help of education, art, health, construction and sports project volunteers. Secondly we develop unique and safe travel packages that offer learning, adventure and fulfilment to any traveller coming to India.
- Our participants are safe – we will be by their side each and every step of the way.
- 24/7 support for all participants. We have an in country emergency helpline also.
- full health and safety training on arrival. We have a list of nearest embassies and medical centers.
- All our in field staff are well trained, always travel with the volunteers on project site, and fluent in the local language
We are committed to providing an extraordinary experience, along with responsible and safe travel options to individuals who seek to get more out of their holiday. Whether it’s leading a workshop in the community taking the lead on a building project or standing at the front of a classroom and teaching English , our volunteers will be helping to give underprivileged people in India the skills they need to improve conditions in their communities.
Volunteer programs in Kerala and Kolkata
- Volunteer in Kerala on Construction Program
- Volunteer and Travel Programs
- Education Internships in India
We can also organise :
- Yoga Holiday and Volunteering in India
- Health Volunteering in India: Work with Disabled Children
- Womens Empowerment in Kolkata
Included in all volunteer programs
Pre-departure support * Airport pick-up and drop (unless otherwise stated) * Arrival orientation * Long term experienced staff * Safe and basic accommodations (usually shared homestays) * All meals (except weekends) * Project Travel costs * Location orientation * All necessary project training by experienced staff * All necessary project equipment and materials * 24-hour in-country support * All transport during volunteering * All accommodation during weekend trips * Weekend Trip as specified with meals and transport included
Not - Included in the price:
* Flights * Medical and travel insurance * Visa costs * Personal kit * Additional drinks and gratuities * Extra local excursions * Internet access * International and domestic airport taxes * Personal expenses *
Arrival in India
On arrival in India you will be picked up from the airport and taken to your new home. We will then go through a welcome and location orientation meeting to get you settled as quickly as possible. Throughout the week you will spend most of your time in local schools or community facilities. Your daily activities will include helping to teach children and/or assisting local teachers, providing support for extracurricular activities including playing sports or conducting arts with the children. At the end of the day you will have time to plan for the following day, organise resources and relax.
Your transport to the project site and back will be arranged by our field staff. Basic but a comfortable and clean homestay accommodation will be provided during your volunteering period, providing a great opportunity to live life in the local style and experience Indian culture. You will be sharing rooms with other volunteers. The house will have running water, electricity and western style toilets. Local Indian food will be prepared for dinner by your host family. You will have to prepare your own breakfast and lunch for the next day. There are facilities to prepare your own meals also.
Accommodation, meals and activities included in the volunteer programmes
- Accommodations are safe, comfortable and sharing basis. Basic facilities and local amenities are always there.
- Meals: participants will have the opportunity to taste cuisines traditional to the locations in which they’ll be staying.
- Language: the lead coordinator on the trip will be fluent in the local language to guarantee smooth communication.
- Cost: we keep the cost of volunteer projects as low as possible. Fees cover the costs of food, water, accommodation, transport, program coordinators for the communities and entry to the attractions/ tour price.
Programme location: Kerala
Traveller Path - Best travel guide about India, Find places to visit in India, places to see, what to eat, how to reach and more.